The British New Homes Mortgage Senate aims to drive the new-build agenda at all levels from Government to the consumer. Launched in 2014, this event brings together an elite group of the leading and most influential developers, lenders and specialist new-build broker firms, in a meaningful debate to encourage greater consensus and positive action to drive the future activity of this increasingly important sector of the market.
The Senate was held on Wednesday 14th October 2015. The British New Homes Senate programme reflected the evolving challenges in the UK new-build market and aimed at coming up with solutions.
The areas covered included the following:
- The new-build landscape: how does it look now and how will it look in five year’s time?
- Help-to-buy – what happens when the government scheme is withdrawn?
- A major lender shares their experience of entering the new-build sector
- Debate:This house believes that mortgage lenders should treat new-build property and second hand home with parity
- Panel debate: improving customer outcomes
Throughout the day delegates had the opportunity to question and challenge all key stakeholders.
Attendance of the Senate was restricted to personally invited delegates, with developers, broker firms and lenders represented at the most senior level to take part in this industry-shaping event.
Click here for video highlights from this year’s British New Homes Mortgage Senate