• Site search

Analysis

How to put customers at the heart of lending strategy - Marketwatch

Mortgage Solutions | 25 Mar 2015

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) released a report last week which found, after a review of 10 lenders, some were still failing to put the customer at the heart of their lending strategies.

caution-tape
retired-couple

Should consumer buy-to-let rules be extended to retiree landlords? - Marketwatch

The debate rumbles on as to whether retirees will raid their pension pots to invest in property to rent out as a way to generate a monthly income.

Mortgage Solutions | 19 Mar 2015
employee-advocacy-megaphone

Budget 2015: Help to Buy ISA - how the industry reacted

In the Budget 2015 George Osborne unveiled his plans to help first-time buyers save for a deposit for their home.

Mortgage Solutions | 18 Mar 2015

Other Analysis articles

seniors cycling

How real is the 'silver pound' threat to first-time buyers? Marketwatch

Pension Freedom Day, as it has been labelled, is fast upon us - 6 April to be exact. Its impact has been the topic of much debate since George Osborne announced the reforms in his 2014 Budget statement.

Mortgage Solutions | 11 Mar 2015
challenge-difficulty

Time to get comfortable with complex clients' needs - Marketwatch

Specialist packager and broker Brightstar released a statistic this week which revealed 84% of advisers needed help with the specialist lending market.

Mortgage Solutions | 25 Feb 2015
ballot box

Investors fear double election will prolong UK political risk

The possibility of two separate general elections in the UK this year is causing concern for fund managers, who say it could lead to prolonged turmoil for equities and sterling in 2015.

Mortgage Solutions | 24 Feb 2015
The Bank of England

The impact of a Bank Base Rate cut on mortgage pricing - Marketwatch

As inflation falls further away from the Bank of England's 2% target, tumbling to 0.3% in January, the suggestion of a cut to the long-standing 0.5% Bank Base Rate (BBR) position was mooted by Mark Carney.

Mortgage Solutions | 19 Feb 2015
landscapecolours

This year's product landscape - Marketwatch

New lenders are entering the intermediary market, some are poised to go live, others have jumped in while some have being testing the water with a soft launch.

Mortgage Solutions | 11 Feb 2015
A maze

Challenges facing the mortgage market in 2015 - Marketwatch

We're over a month in and positivity is still raging on. House prices have started to recover from their stutter in the last half of 2014 with a 2% month-on-month rise in January recorded by Halifax.

Mortgage Solutions | 05 Feb 2015
notting-hill

Impact of the Stamp Duty hike on the high-end property market - Marketwatch

December's Stamp Duty reforms were heralded as a triumph for the majority of homebuyers with an expected 98% of people who would be charged Stamp Duty receiving a reduction in the amount they pay. But what of the other 2%?

Mortgage Solutions | 28 Jan 2015
confused-man2

Should mortgage brokers start setting up secured loan teams? Marketwatch

The second charge market enjoyed a tremendous resurgence in 2014 as new lenders launched product ranges and new broker firms set up to deliver them to consumers.

Mortgage Solutions | 22 Jan 2015
sold

Balanced attitude to demand for long-term fixes - poll

While attitudes could eventually shift towards long-term fixed rates, the industry is fairly balanced on the current appetite towards these products, the latest Mortgage Solutions poll has found.

Mortgage Solutions | 22 Jan 2015
tsb-logo

8 things brokers need to know about TSB's mortgage range

TSB unveiled its widely-anticipated service and product range for brokers this week. We've compiled the key information intermediaries need to know about the new service.

Mortgage Solutions | 21 Jan 2015

Updating your subscription status Loading

ADVERTISEMENT

Find the latest mortgage deals here

xml
ADVERTISEMENT

Events

event logo

Buy to Let Market Forum 2015

22 Apr 2015

Cardiff, Birmingham, Winchester and Warrington, UK

event logo

The British Mortgage Awards 2015

09 Jul 2015

London, UK