Jonathan Davidson has taken up the role and will occupy a seat on the executive committee. Davidson previously held the post of chief operating officer for Direct Line and was a senior adviser to private equity and financial services firms.
Woodall will move to the role of director of life insurance and financial advice which does not rank among the executive committee members.
Acting FCA chief executive Tracey McDermott today announced Georgina Philippou as her final appointment to the executive committee. Philippou will become the regulator’s chief operating officer from November. She will leave the post of director of enforcement and market oversight and has over 20 years’ experience of regulation in the UK.
The executive committee now consists of:
• Acting chief executive officer: Tracey McDermott
• Chief operating officer: Georgina Philippou
• Director of enforcement and market oversight: Mark Steward
• Director of strategy and competition: Christopher Woolard
• Director of supervision – investment, wholesale and specialists: Megan Butler
• Director of supervision – retail and authorisations: Jonathan Davidson
• Director of risk and compliance oversight: Barbara Frohn
• General counsel: Sean Martin
Martin Wheatley resigned as chief executive in July following George Osborne’s refusal to renew the CEO’s membership to the board. He left the role in September. Speaking at the FCA’s annual public conference five days after the announcement, Wheatley said he was disappointed to be moving on and did so with a sense of unfinished business.