Webb (pictured), now the director of policy and external communications at Royal London Assurance, will be speaking on funding for long-term care, later life planning and provide analysis from his paper ‘Is it time for the care pension?’
Sponsored by the Later Life Academy, the conference will be held on Thursday 21st June at the Gloucester Rugby Club Business Centre at Gloucester’s ground, Kingsholm.
Other speakers on the day include:
• David Burrows – former MP and current chair of the Equity Release Council;
• Richard Graham – Member of Parliament for Gloucester, former member of the Work & Pensions Committee and currently member of Parliament’s ‘Exiting the European Union’ Committee;
• Tony Miles – director of Miles Associates Ltd and former head of strategic sales operations at Partnership Assurance;
• Jacqueline Berry, director of My Care Consultant;
• Sophie Andrews, CEO of The Silver Line – national charity and helpline for older people.
The conference is targeted at advisers working in the later life market, dealing with mature consumers and looking to broaden their knowledge and expertise. Attendees will also include consumer organisations, charities, industry leaders, as well as regulatory and political commentators.
The seminars will be chaired by Stuart Wilson, group managing director of Answers in Retirement Group. In addition to platform presentations and breakout sessions, there will be the opportunity to speak face to face with a broad range of providers in the exhibitors’ area.
To attend, advisers need to pay a fee to reserve a space at the 250-person event.
Sir Steve Webb, director of policy and external communications at Royal London Assurance, said: “The financial issues around later life get more complex with every passing year.
“Whether it is the costs of funding later life care, the new options provided by pension freedoms, the growing equity release market or changes to taxation, the need for high-quality impartial advice has never been greater.”
Stuart Wilson, group managing director at Answers in Retirement, added: “We’re looking forward to seeing the entire later life advice community in Gloucester in June.”