You are here: Home - News -

Mutuals retain

by:
  • 21/05/2003
  • 0
Members of mutual societies trust their mutual four times more than plcs, according to a survey anno...

Members of mutual societies trust their mutual four times more than plcs, according to a survey announced at the Building Societies Association conference in Harrogate by think tank Mutuo.

Over three quarters of those surveyed thought building societies offered a better deal than banks, two thirds agreed that they provided better feedback, and 75% liked the fact that building societies have no shareholders.

In its own annual survey Norwich and Peterborough Building Society (N&P) found that over 98% of customers believe it would better serve communities by remaining a regional, mutual society ‘ a 2% increase on 2002.

The survey shows branch networks are still highly regarded, with only 4% of customers using the internet, call centre or postal system as the sole means of communicating with N&P. However, only half of customers surveyed visited the branch every week, down from 61% last year, but 12% visit their branch daily, up from 8% in 2002.


Tags

There are 0 Comment(s)

You may also be interested in

Business Skills

In this section, we offer short ‘how to’ guides on harder to crack areas of business. From social media, to regulation or niche product areas, we cover it all.

Profiles

Our journalists interview key industry entrepreneurs, strategists and commentators for day-to-day market insight and a strategic view of where the industry is heading. We offer lessons for success and explore the opportunities for your business

Success in Practice

Here, we share case studies fleshing out best practice to help you decide what could work for your business. Take a look at how others approached complex tasks like launching a new mortgage lender, advising on a new product area or deciding to specialise in another. Learn from others mistakes and triumphs.

Marketwatch

Each week, we ask top mortgage and property commentators with a unique perspective to examine a key news headline, market move or regulatory or political issue.

Poll

Vote in our weekly poll here. It’s your chance to tell us what you think and be heard on the top news stories of the week. Review our archive to find out what your industry really thinks and all our coverage of the results.

Top Comments

Be part of the conversation on Mortgage Solutions. We want to hear from you. We have a tool called Disqus to tell us which stories get the most comments each week. Every Friday, the team picks the most thoughtful or opinionated contributions from our readers to enjoy again. Don’t forget to share your favourite stories from the site on social media to keep the conversation going.
Read previous post:
Advisers see increase in take-

Foreign climes are proving increasingly tempting for UK property buyers, and creating a growing...

Close